Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Day 2012

So here we are at the dawn of a new year.  Last night we watched the last sunset of 2011 with our feet in the ocean, breezes blowing through our hair, and seabirds flying overhead.  There is something about the last night of the year that urges me to return to the ocean and get "grounded" to Mother Earth.  Having spent most of my life living on one island or another, the beach is where I can best connect to the energy of the planet and it's elements.  I love the forests, but the open vista of water always draws me home to the sea, washing away all the cares if the past year and leaving a clean slate for the new.  I've set foot in most of the seven seas now, Atlantic, Pacific, Carribean, Gulf,  Indian Ocean - passing on the Arctic & Antarctic, too cold.  Each has it's own energy, warm or cold, smooth or rough - much like the stones I work with.  I am hoping through this exercise in writing to enlighten you, my readers, to the energy around us, in the materials we work with, the environment we exist in, the relationships we participate in.  All these factor into what we create and how we envision our lives.  Here's to a year of expanding the possibilities, creating beauty in all that is around us, and living in harmony with Gaia.

No comments:

Post a Comment